Museums

Architecture of Jasna Góra

Basilica

Basilica

ul. Kordeckiego 2, 42-225 Częstochowa
The Jasna Góra Basilica of the Discovery of the Holy Cross and Nativity of the Blessed Virgin Mary received the title and privileges of a Minor Basilica in 1906. It is 46 meters long, 21 meters wide and 29 meters high. The basilica's construction started in the early 15th century. Original gothic basilica burned down in 1690 and was replaced with baroque basilica, constructed in years 1692-1695 and 1702-1728.
 

See also

pdf drukuj
do góry strony